Fashion Tv Cedar Square : Fashion Online Dress : Paris Fall Fashion 2011
Fashion Tv Cedar Square
- Fashion TV is an international television channel devoted to fashion and modelling.
- Having the shape or approximate shape of a cube
- Having or in the form of two right angles
- Having the shape or approximate shape of a square
- squarely: in a straight direct way; "looked him squarely in the eye"; "ran square into me"
- having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle; "a square peg in a round hole"; "a square corner"
- Any of a number of conifers that typically yield fragrant, durable timber, in particular
- any of numerous trees of the family Cupressaceae that resemble cedars
- any cedar of the genus Cedrus
- durable aromatic wood of any of numerous cedar trees; especially wood of the red cedar often used for cedar chests
veteran Red Cedar, (Toona ciliata)
Red Cedar were logged in this area at least 180 years ago. In 1819, Governor Lachlan Macquarie enforced a law to stop the excessive logging of this famous Australian mahogany.
The photographed tree is a veteran, hundreds of years old. Three metres wide at the base, around 20 metres tall, and many more metres wider in the crown. Perhaps this Red Cedar escaped the axe as it is in such an inaccessible place on a steep slope. And the tree does not have a long straight bole, which is favoured by timber merchants. It's a multi-stemmed Red Cedar.
Yesterday I parked the car by the Princes Highway, and crawled up this rainforest remnant next to the Pacific Ocean. The forest floor is a loose scree slope, made up of small particles of local basalt. Footing really difficult as I kept slipping and nearly falling many times. What was worse is that the forest floor is covered in leaves of the Giant Stinging Tree. Any touch of those leaves could cause serious pain. Camera in one hand, and almost nothing to grab hold of with the other hand.
It was hard to determine which was noisier, the cars and trucks of the Princes Highway below me, or the myriad of small birds in the rainforest. The rainforest is Illawarra sub tropical, near Kiama. The understorey mostly made up of Brush Bloodwood and Whalebone Tree. My goal was to search for rare Illawarra rainforest trees such as White Beech, Socketwood and Bangalow Palm. However, I found this broad based Red Cedar instead.
Perhaps next time, I'll wear more suitable clothes. And be fitter, and walk closer to the creek. And next time I might find rarer plants. But yesterday's trip was a success. To find such a huge butt of a healthy, pre-European Red Cedar. It was quite a thrill.
Cedar Key Evening Sky From the Airport
Cedar Key, Levy, Florida
Similar posts: free fashion solitaire pictures of ladies fashion tickets to fashion show kids fashion store fashion bug model pics of fashion models latest fashion shoes men fashion dress shop
- (月) 00:04:53|
- Category: None
Comment is pending blog author's approval.
- 2017/08/03(木) 18:36:19 |
- [ Edit ]